Welcome to ZincSearch
ZincSearch was started since there was no search engine that was available that could serve my needs.
While Elasticsearch is a very good product, it is complex and requires lots of resources and is more than a decade old. I built ZincSearch so it becomes easier for folks to use full text search indexing without doing a lot of work.
You may also want to read the initial blog regarding launch of ZincSearch
- Provides full text indexing capability
- Single binary for installation and running. Binaries available under releases for multiple platforms.
- Embedded Web UI for querying data written in Vue
- Full Compatibility with Elasticsearch APIs for ingestion of data (single record and bulk API)
- Compatibility with Elasticsearch DSL for querying data. Check /es endpoints (This is work in progress. If somerthing does not work, let us know by raising a github issue)
- Out of the box authentication
- Schema less - No need to define schema upfront and different documents in the same index can have different fields.
- Index storage in s3 and MinIO (experimental)
- Aggregation support
- Highlight support
ZincSearch is in Pre GA (General Availability) and will be marked as production ready at v1.0.0 .